New Value Series Planetary Gearheads from Harmonic Drive LLC
HPN Planetary Gears offer affordable pricing with short lead times
Peabody, MA, March 16, 2015 –Harmonic Drive LLC, a leader in high precision motion control introduces the HPN Harmonic Planetary® Gearheads. HPN planetary gearheads deliver affordable precision.
HPN Planetary gearheads feature a robust design utilizing helical gears for quiet performance and long life. These gearheads are available with short lead times and are designed to couple to any servo motor with our Quick-Connect coupling. This new value series of planetary gears carry the reputation for quality and reliability for which Harmonic Drive® products are known throughout the world. HPN gearheads are suitable for use in a wide range of applications for precision motion control and positioning. HPN Harmonic Planetary® gears are available in 5 frame sizes: 11, 14, 20, 32, and 40, with reduction ratios ranging from 3:1 to 31:1.
HPN Key Features :
· Peak Torque 9 N m to 752 N m
· Robust design
· High precision
· Backlash <5 arc-min (One stage) , < 7 arc-min (Two stage)
· Quick-Connect design for easy mounting to a wide variety of servomotors
· Reduction ratio 3:1 – 10:1 (One stage), 13:1-31:1 (Two stage)
· Helical gears for quiet performance
· Quick delivery
Known for its expert engineering and manufacturing, Harmonic Drive LLC products are relied upon every day throughout the motion control industry. The majority of the products sold by HDLLC are proudly made at their US headquarters and manufacturing facility in Massachusetts.
APPLICATIONS for Harmonic Drive products:
- Defense: Unmanned Vehicles, Remote Weapon Stations, Antenna Pointing
- Robotics: Industrial, Semiconductor & Flat Panel, Humanoid, Mobile Robots
- Medical: Surgical Robots, Medical Imaging, Therapeutic, Prosthetics, Exoskeletons, Lab Automation
- Aerospace: Solar Array Drives, Antenna Pointing, Valve Actuators, Lunar and Interplanetary Rovers
- Machine Tool: Milling Head, Tool Changer, Rotary Table, Grinding, B & C Axis
- Energy: oil exploration, drilling and positioning, wind power, solar
KEY PERFORMANCE features for Harmonic Drive® servo actuators, gearheads and component sets:
- True Zero Backlash
- Excellent positional accuracy and repeatability
- High Torque-to-Weight and Torque-to-Volume ratios
- Compact size
- High Reliability
- Single stage high reduction ratio
About Harmonic Drive LLC
Harmonic Drive, LLC engineers and manufactures precision servo actuators, gearheads and gear component sets. We work closely with both Fortune 500 and companies of all sizes to understand their application requirements and provide a standard or custom-engineered solution to enable the success of their design project. The majority of the products sold by Harmonic Drive, LLC are proudly made at our manufacturing facility in Peabody, Massachusetts. Harmonic Drive Group Companies in, Japan (Harmonic Drive Systems, Inc.) and Germany (Harmonic Drive AG) provide additional products.
With over 50 years of experience, our expert engineering and production teams develop enabling technologies and products to meet the needs of an evolving motion control market. We are very proud of our outstanding company history. Our high-precision, zero-backlash Harmonic Drive® gears and Harmonic Planetary® gears have, and continue to play critical roles in robotics, spaceflight applications, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, factory automation equipment, medical diagnostics and surgical robotics. More information can be found by visiting the company’s main website at www.harmonicdrive.net
Harmonic Drive LLC Contact:
Colleen Anderson, Marketing Manager